Great cartoon documentary for kids

PAL_07

I don’t know much about Buddhism but am studying atm as all Vedanta and sikhi GRANTH’s i studied.  Done about 12 Sehaj Paath in my life and I could beat most Kathavachaks 

Took me a year to learn the basics now I’m starting Abhidharma Advanced Buddhism but I’ve never heard of this but yes definitely many paradoxes in Gurbani 

here’s some examples 

Japji Sahib eh bi daath teri dataar 

sabh Sukh hai dukh nahee 

rehras dukh daroo Sukh roog 

jagat jalanda rakh lai VS sabh gobind hai 

haumai deerog rog hai vs Haumai ehee hukam hai 

The reason is of the nature of a paradox. It is the Gurbani that is the treasure of Giaan (Wisdom). But to understand the Gurbani, we need Giaan (Wisdom)! This is the paradox.

Thus, there seems to be no way out for human beings.

However, the Gurbani tells us there is the way. For example, the Gurbani says:

• ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੈ ਸੁਗਿਆਨੁ ॥: Saadh Kai Sangi Pragatai Sugiaan(u)(sggs 271).

In the foregoing verse, the term ‘Saadh Kai‘ (‘ਸਾਧ ਕੈ’) and ‘Sangi‘ (‘ਸੰਗਿ’) are pretty significant.

The term ‘Saadh Kai‘ essentially indicates by disciplining, by preparing, by controlling, by conquering, by annihilating, by purifying of Maya‘s pollution or conditionings…

The term ‘Sangi‘ essentially indicates ‘a companion’.

Now, who is the companion of who?

Summing up, here the Gurbani is calling out our intellect (Budhi) to mend its ‘Sangi‘ – the doubt-ridden mind. For our mind is the ‘Sangi‘ or ‘a companion’ of our Budhi (intellect). Then, the Gurbani guarantees us of manifestation of the excellent Wisdom [(‘Sugiaan(u)-ਸੁਗਿਆਨੁ’ ==> ਸੁ (excellent, sublime…) + ਗਿਆਨੁ (Wisdom)].

In other words, a mended mind becomes holy (Good, virtuous, unerring etc.. Thus, the company of such mended mind (i.e. the Gurmukh, holy etc.) also become holy.

• ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਾਏ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨ: In the holy company (Gurmukhs…) one obtain jewel of Naam (Wisdom). (sggs 271).

Why does the mind need to be mended? Because, It is the mind that is inflicted with ‘Sootak‘ of duality(Doojaa Bhaav, etc.). It’s the mind that has become ‘black‘ with the filth of false ego-sense (Haumai), lust, anger, greed, attachment, pride (i.e. Bikaar) etc. So, the Gurbani tells us that our real business is with our mind.

• ਮਨ ਕਾ ਸੂਤਕੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ॥: Sootak of the mind is the love of duality. (sggs 229).
  • ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੀ ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕਉ ਮਲੁ ਲਾਗੀ ਕਾਲਾ ਹੋਆ ਸਿਆਹ ॥: The scum (i.e., impurity) of so many births is attached to this mind and it has become pitch black (sggs 651).
  • ਮਮਾ ਮਨ ਸਿਉ ਕਾਜੁ ਹੈ ਮਨ ਸਾਧੇ ਸਿਧਿ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਸਿਉ ਕਹੈ ਕਬੀਰਾ ਮਨ ਸਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥੩੨॥: MAMMA: (The mortal’s real purpose or business of life) is with his own mind; (and that purpose or business) is to discipline or control his mind; by doing so, Spiritual Understanding (Soojh or Samajh of the Formless or Niraakaar…) is obtained (and thus life’s real purpose is realized). Kabeer says (that the real work of a person) is with the mind alone. (For he) has not met anything like the mind! ||32|| (sggs 342).

10 minutes ago, PAL_07 said:

The reason is of the nature of a paradox. It is the Gurbani that is the treasure of Giaan (Wisdom). But to understand the Gurbani, we need Giaan (Wisdom)! This is the paradox.

Thus, there seems to be no way out for human beings.

However, the Gurbani tells us there is the way. For example, the Gurbani says:

• ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੈ ਸੁਗਿਆਨੁ ॥: Saadh Kai Sangi Pragatai Sugiaan(u)(sggs 271).

In the foregoing verse, the term ‘Saadh Kai‘ (‘ਸਾਧ ਕੈ’) and ‘Sangi‘ (‘ਸੰਗਿ’) are pretty significant.

The term ‘Saadh Kai‘ essentially indicates by disciplining, by preparing, by controlling, by conquering, by annihilating, by purifying of Maya‘s pollution or conditionings…

The term ‘Sangi‘ essentially indicates ‘a companion’.

Now, who is the companion of who?

Summing up, here the Gurbani is calling out our intellect (Budhi) to mend its ‘Sangi‘ – the doubt-ridden mind. For our mind is the ‘Sangi‘ or ‘a companion’ of our Budhi (intellect). Then, the Gurbani guarantees us of manifestation of the excellent Wisdom [(‘Sugiaan(u)-ਸੁਗਿਆਨੁ’ ==> ਸੁ (excellent, sublime…) + ਗਿਆਨੁ (Wisdom)].

In other words, a mended mind becomes holy (Good, virtuous, unerring etc.. Thus, the company of such mended mind (i.e. the Gurmukh, holy etc.) also become holy.

• ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਾਏ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਧਾਨ: In the holy company (Gurmukhs…) one obtain jewel of Naam (Wisdom). (sggs 271).

Why does the mind need to be mended? Because, It is the mind that is inflicted with ‘Sootak‘ of duality(Doojaa Bhaav, etc.). It’s the mind that has become ‘black‘ with the filth of false ego-sense (Haumai), lust, anger, greed, attachment, pride (i.e. Bikaar) etc. So, the Gurbani tells us that our real business is with our mind.

• ਮਨ ਕਾ ਸੂਤਕੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ॥: Sootak of the mind is the love of duality. (sggs 229).
  • ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੀ ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕਉ ਮਲੁ ਲਾਗੀ ਕਾਲਾ ਹੋਆ ਸਿਆਹ ॥: The scum (i.e., impurity) of so many births is attached to this mind and it has become pitch black (sggs 651).
  • ਮਮਾ ਮਨ ਸਿਉ ਕਾਜੁ ਹੈ ਮਨ ਸਾਧੇ ਸਿਧਿ ਹੋਇ ॥ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਸਿਉ ਕਹੈ ਕਬੀਰਾ ਮਨ ਸਾ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥੩੨॥: MAMMA: (The mortal’s real purpose or business of life) is with his own mind; (and that purpose or business) is to discipline or control his mind; by doing so, Spiritual Understanding (Soojh or Samajh of the Formless or Niraakaar…) is obtained (and thus life’s real purpose is realized). Kabeer says (that the real work of a person) is with the mind alone. (For he) has not met anything like the mind! ||32|| (sggs 342).

Excellent brother study away. I don't see any paradox in Gurbani but I'm glad if you're willing to accept Gurbani in places you see them. 

For me the greatest Buddhism teaching is that of the 3 evils in Buddhism that are the cause of suffering 

Delusion, Hatred and Desire 

I look back now how delusional I was in certain behaviour both physical and mental 

when you discover the mind and become still any thoughts are feelings of pain and there is no desire to go out of the still cool mind at peace