Should we still wear a dastar while wrestling?

46 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What sources did you contribute? 

You're saying bibekis and khalsa are extremists? 

I'm confused on none of those topics. I have serious stances based in Gurbani and Ithias. 

I quoted no source. Because the question was at first about convenience and practicality. So it was an open question with exchange of thoughts and ideas. 

The source you stated Takhtnama has nothing to do with my previous question so you decided to use it for god knows what. 

A khalsa is steadfast with rehat, but he is not ignorant nor does he entertain lack of knowledge. Instead a Khalsa learns, listens, teaches and understand. 

Extremist are those who like to keep things black and white and shut anyone down if anyone was to ever question. 

I didn't say you were confused. However looking at this blog it's easy to see how people have changed their understand of gurmat and Maryada the more questions and conversations were had. Jhatka is a common misconception. 

50 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

You just want Sikhi to be what's convenient for you. Sorry. And you've shown it repeatedly. 

Again, this is a discussion and conversation about a topic of wearing a dastar while practicing or competing in wrestling. 

So, I will leave this as it is. I will entertain anyone contribution. 

2 hours ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

Again, this is a discussion and conversation about a topic of wearing a dastar while practicing or competing in wrestling. 

So, I will leave this as it is. I will entertain anyone contribution. 

You just want Sikhi to be what's convenient for you. Sorry. And you've shown it repeatedly

2 hours ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

I quoted no source. Because the question was at first about convenience and practicality. So it was an open question with exchange of thoughts and ideas. 

The source you stated Takhtnama has nothing to do with my previous question so you decided to use it for god knows what. 

A khalsa is steadfast with rehat, but he is not ignorant nor does he entertain lack of knowledge. Instead a Khalsa learns, listens, teaches and understand. 

Extremist are those who like to keep things black and white and shut anyone down if anyone was to ever question. 

I didn't say you were confused. However looking at this blog it's easy to see how people have changed their understand of gurmat and Maryada the more questions and conversations were had. Jhatka is a common misconception. 

And those issues were sorted through Gurbani and Ithias. 

6 hours ago, Premi said:

What's the context to this tweet? 

And the irony of someone like that using 'Kaur' in their name?!

She says we don't need kirpan or bandook anymore. It's not practical or necessary today. 

She said that after footage of Singhs shooting guns at a wedding in the us was lied about being in canada getting that family raided. 

14 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

See for yourself how practical dastar wearing is when wrestling.

Firstly, the wrestling demonstration in this video is amazing. The Singh is more of a competent wrestler here.

However is seems probably wearing a smaller dastar is better than wearing a huge dumalla. Again, this is a planned (prior or on the spot) match. 

On 8/10/2024 at 1:02 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Well that proves it. Real Sikhs wear them anyway. Thank you. 

Well that proves it. It is impractical to wear them while wrestling unless you have 2 people ready to pick it up from the floor. Thank you.