Should we still wear a dastar while wrestling?

Ok, so I found this video of two singhs doing wrestling. 

They were both wearing dumalla's, however for one Singh their dumalla came off in seconds. 

I find the idea to wear it in practice to be impractical. Should we still be wearing a dastar during practice or when competing. 

Below is the link to the Instagram video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9uyz_PRPeV/?igsh=MXNycXhnbWpucWx6eQ==

5 hours ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

Ok, so I found this video of two singhs doing wrestling. 

They were both wearing dumalla's, however for one Singh their dumalla came off in seconds. 

I find the idea to wear it in practice to be impractical. Should we still be wearing a dastar during practice or when competing. 

Below is the link to the Instagram video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9uyz_PRPeV/?igsh=MXNycXhnbWpucWx6eQ==

Purtan Sikhs did everything in Dastar. 

6 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Tell that to all the shaheeds who fought real battles in them and also wrestled. Sorry it isn't convenient for you. 

You need to reread what I said "practicing or participating in wrestling matches"

I said nothing about real battle. Knowing your dastar will be taken off you in less than second in a wrestling match makes no sense to wear it. 

17 hours ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

You need to reread what I said "practicing or participating in wrestling matches"

I said nothing about real battle. Knowing your dastar will be taken off you in less than second in a wrestling match makes no sense to wear it. 

You need to reread where I said they praticed and wrestled in them and just accept you're whining. 

On 7/26/2024 at 9:51 PM, chatanga1 said:

I agree. If sikhs are doing kushti, kabaddi or sonchi then it makes no practical sense to keep it on.

Did Puratan Singhs just wear a rumaal over Joora like we see hockey players and kabaddi players do?

I wasn't there brother. Do what you want. The whole is this practical today thing is culture eraser is all. Carrying "kirpan isn't practical today", "growing kesh isn't practical today" "being chaste isn't practical". Whatever you think was the original, do that and don't try and "make it practical today"   

I don't know the age of this painting they're not wearing anything. If it's from the 1700s or so would be a decent reference. 

8132937578_19deea41bc_o.jpg.63581d1e6e1261dc90c31195e9df75b7.jpg

Kesh is the Kakkar. 

What are we basing wearing anything on the head in Gurbani? Go with that. 

I'm just wary of the but it's not practical line of thinking. 

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I wasn't there brother. Do what you want. The whole is this practical today thing is culture eraser is all. Carrying "kirpan isn't practical today", "growing kesh isn't practical today" "being chaste isn't practical". Whatever you think was the original, do that and don't try and "make it practical today"   

Carrying a Kirpan is practical. It's something I believe everyone should carry. Being shashatdhari. 

Going kesh is growing kesh. It serves spiritual purpose. Everyone has kesh, and everyone grows it out.

Being chaste is practical. 

Practicality is something the Khalsa was. If you want to cover your kesh with patka etc then it's cool. It's practical.

You've taken this too heart.

I don't know the age of this painting they're not wearing anything. If it's from the 1700s or so would be a decent reference. 

8132937578_19deea41bc_o.jpg.63581d1e6e1261dc90c31195e9df75b7.jpg

Kesh is the Kakkar. 

What are we basing wearing anything on the head in Gurbani? Go with that. 

I'm just wary of the but it's not practical line of thinking. 

No one is trying the whole "does it say that in gurbani" line. 

Well, the above video highlighted a singhs dumalla getting taken off in less than 10 seconds. If he's was wearing a small turban then fair enough.

We got people trying dastar to their arm while showering. That's not practical in a shower these days. But the general stance seems to be never without it, which would include wrestling. If it be taken off for wrestling it can be taken off period. 

If you are having ishaan and you're not washing the kesh on your head, then there is no need to tie your dastar around your arm. 

If you're going wash your kesh, then it makes sense to not wear your dastar around your arm. 

Everything is about context and situation. 

20 hours ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

If you are having ishaan and you're not washing the kesh on your head, then there is no need to tie your dastar around your arm. 

If you're going wash your kesh, then it makes sense to not wear your dastar around your arm. 

It's my understanding bibekis keep kesh, keski, kirpan, kara, kanga and kacheera on then at all times. That's the standard. If you personally don't abide by it that's cool but don't try and lower the bar to where you are. Aspire. 

20 hours ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

For example I don't do all those things. I accept I'm not on that level. The standard remains. 

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

It's my understanding bibekis keep kesh, keski, kirpan, kara, kanga and kacheera on then at all times. That's the standard. If you personally don't abide by it that's cool but don't try and lower the bar to where you are. Aspire. 

No one is lowering the bar. 

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

For example I don't do all those things. I accept I'm not on that level. The standard remains. 

Bro, you are taking this to serious. It's a conversation. We need to discuss these things to have better understanding and context. 

Anyways, I'm open to others and their contribution.

19 minutes ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

No one is lowering the bar. 

Bro, you are taking this to serious. It's a conversation. We need to discuss these things to have better understanding and context. 

Anyways, I'm open to others and their contribution.

I take Sikhi very seriously yes. You don't want to engage cool. 

16 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I take Sikhi very seriously yes. You don't want to engage cool. 

I've been engaging my dude. 

Taking something too seriously is not a good thing. End up being a fanatic or an extremist in your view. Discouraging view, opinion and conversation, then the first and last post of every thread should be a one liner. 

This is why so many people have been confused about varies topics e.g. Dasam Guru Granth Sahib ji, Jhatka, Shastar Pooja, Sukha etc..simple one liners block the sikhs from studying. 

1 hour ago, SriAkaalJiSahai said:

I've been engaging my dude. 

Taking something too seriously is not a good thing. End up being a fanatic or an extremist in your view. Discouraging view, opinion and conversation, then the first and last post of every thread should be a one liner. 

This is why so many people have been confused about varies topics e.g. Dasam Guru Granth Sahib ji, Jhatka, Shastar Pooja, Sukha etc..simple one liners block the sikhs from studying. 

What sources did you contribute? 

You're saying bibekis and khalsa are extremists? 

I'm confused on none of those topics. I have serious stances based in Gurbani and Ithias.