GURDWARA ATTACK - GRAVESEND, UK

This is at one of the most prominent Gurdwaras in the UK!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/gravesend-gurdwara-sikh-temple-attack-teenager-arrested-b2578684.html

Teenager arrested after attack at Gravesend Sikh temple leaves two women injured

Two women suffered cuts and bruises in the Siri Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara attack

Barney Davis
4 hours ago

Worshippers were evacuated from the Gravesend Gurdwara
Worshippers were evacuated from the Gravesend Gurdwara (Tik/Tok@meharbaan20)

A 17-year-old boy has been arrested after reports of an attempted attack at a Sikh temple.

Two women were injured during the incident at Siri Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara in Gravesend at 8.10pm on Thursday, Kent Police said.

A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a religiously-aggravated public order offence.

Pictures from the scene showed armed police guarding the entrance to the temple as an air ambulance landed in a green space nearby.

Worshipper Avtar Singh, 44, tackled a teenager who was brandishing two swords.

He said” “We’d been told, suddenly, everyone just go out of the temple and I was just wondering what they were saying it like that.

“So I was sending my kids and missus downstairs and as soon as I heard they were calling me ‘Avtar, Avtar – come upstairs’ so I just went upstairs, I didn’t know what was going on.

“When I went into the hall, the guy was sitting there on the money pot – sitting there with the two swords in his hands, nothing on his head and in an aggressive mood. I can’t see that – this is against our religion, I perceived that much.

“I just went straight to him, tried to tackle him – he put a sword onto me as well, then I fell on the floor, then we hit him with the thing to try to hold him, he fell on the floor as well.

“Then he ran away around the other side, he ran around the other way, and we chased him all the way along to the Trinity School and then two Indian lads stopped him there, held him and by that time the police came.”

Detective Superintendent Ian Dyball of Kent Police said: “We understand the community’s concerns in relation to the events at the gurdwara, however we are treating it as an isolated incident.

“Patrols will remain in the area for reassurance and we thank the community for their ongoing support and assistance.”

It was reported that a man had entered the location and attempted to assault those in attendance while armed with a bladed weapon.

Police said nobody was seriously injured during the attempted assault but two women required medical attention for cuts and bruises.

11 hours ago, Premi said:

This is at one of the most prominent Gurdwaras in the UK!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/gravesend-gurdwara-sikh-temple-attack-teenager-arrested-b2578684.html

Teenager arrested after attack at Gravesend Sikh temple leaves two women injured

Two women suffered cuts and bruises in the Siri Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara attack

Barney Davis
4 hours ago

Worshippers were evacuated from the Gravesend Gurdwara
Worshippers were evacuated from the Gravesend Gurdwara (Tik/Tok@meharbaan20)

A 17-year-old boy has been arrested after reports of an attempted attack at a Sikh temple.

Two women were injured during the incident at Siri Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara in Gravesend at 8.10pm on Thursday, Kent Police said.

A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a religiously-aggravated public order offence.

Pictures from the scene showed armed police guarding the entrance to the temple as an air ambulance landed in a green space nearby.

Worshipper Avtar Singh, 44, tackled a teenager who was brandishing two swords.

He said” “We’d been told, suddenly, everyone just go out of the temple and I was just wondering what they were saying it like that.

“So I was sending my kids and missus downstairs and as soon as I heard they were calling me ‘Avtar, Avtar – come upstairs’ so I just went upstairs, I didn’t know what was going on.

“When I went into the hall, the guy was sitting there on the money pot – sitting there with the two swords in his hands, nothing on his head and in an aggressive mood. I can’t see that – this is against our religion, I perceived that much.

“I just went straight to him, tried to tackle him – he put a sword onto me as well, then I fell on the floor, then we hit him with the thing to try to hold him, he fell on the floor as well.

“Then he ran away around the other side, he ran around the other way, and we chased him all the way along to the Trinity School and then two Indian lads stopped him there, held him and by that time the police came.”

Detective Superintendent Ian Dyball of Kent Police said: “We understand the community’s concerns in relation to the events at the gurdwara, however we are treating it as an isolated incident.

“Patrols will remain in the area for reassurance and we thank the community for their ongoing support and assistance.”

It was reported that a man had entered the location and attempted to assault those in attendance while armed with a bladed weapon.

Police said nobody was seriously injured during the attempted assault but two women required medical attention for cuts and bruises.

Any idea who it was?

Unfortunately (or fortunately?!) , word on the ground is that the boy is from a Sikh family and this was about getting the Kirpaan and trying to attack his girlfriend's sister because she did not approve of their relationship 

and the Gurdwara want this story to go away quietly !

1 hour ago, Premi said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately?!) , word on the ground is that the boy is from a Sikh family and this was about getting the Kirpaan and trying to attack his girlfriend's sister because she did not approve of their relationship 

and the Gurdwara want this story to go away quietly !

We'll have none of that. Facts to forming misl and fauj.