Soccer - who likes it ?

Premi

https://apnews.com/article/turkey-demiral-ban-gesture-euro-2024-4bd4f56a5bdd2a66d73f9f07f8f94cce

UEFA suspends Turkey player Demiral for 2 games for making nationalistic gesture at Euro 2024

Updated 7:22 PM BST, July 5, 2024

BERLIN (AP) — UEFA’s two-game ban of Turkey player Merih Demiral on Friday for a controversial hand gesture at the European Championship, an incident that led to a diplomatic row between Turkey and host nation Germany.

The ban rules Demiral out of the quarterfinal against the Netherlands on Saturday, and a semifinal should Turkey progress.

The Turkish Football Federation joined Turkish government officials in denouncing the suspension but said it can’t appeal against it because it’s under the three-game threshold. The leader of Turkey’s nationalist party called on the team to boycott Saturday’s game and return home unless UEFA’s “shameful decision” is reversed.

After scoring his second goal in Turkey’s round-of-16 win over Austria on Tuesday, Demiral made a sign with each hand that is used by Turkish nationalists and associated with the Turkish ultra-nationalist organization Ulku Ocaklari, which is more widely known as the Gray Wolves.

On 7/7/2024 at 11:56 AM, Premi said:

https://apnews.com/article/turkey-demiral-ban-gesture-euro-2024-4bd4f56a5bdd2a66d73f9f07f8f94cce

UEFA suspends Turkey player Demiral for 2 games for making nationalistic gesture at Euro 2024

Updated 7:22 PM BST, July 5, 2024

BERLIN (AP) — UEFA’s two-game ban of Turkey player Merih Demiral on Friday for a controversial hand gesture at the European Championship, an incident that led to a diplomatic row between Turkey and host nation Germany.

The ban rules Demiral out of the quarterfinal against the Netherlands on Saturday, and a semifinal should Turkey progress.

The Turkish Football Federation joined Turkish government officials in denouncing the suspension but said it can’t appeal against it because it’s under the three-game threshold. The leader of Turkey’s nationalist party called on the team to boycott Saturday’s game and return home unless UEFA’s “shameful decision” is reversed.

After scoring his second goal in Turkey’s round-of-16 win over Austria on Tuesday, Demiral made a sign with each hand that is used by Turkish nationalists and associated with the Turkish ultra-nationalist organization Ulku Ocaklari, which is more widely known as the Gray Wolves.

Lotta devil worshippers throw that up to be fair. 

8 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Hard to beleive migrants out stab and brawl the fans. 

Not really. Brawling - no.

Stabbing is more an ethnic thing in the UK and it doesn't happen much between soccer fans.

It is however more common in some countries that have issues with extreme fans, like Italy and Turkey.

1000006549.png

South Shields shop owner slams ‘absolutely disgusting’ racist comment about him supporting England

By Ryan Smith

Published 16th Jul 2024, 12:25 BST

A South Shields Sikh shop owner has slammed a racist remark made against him on social media.

Jagraj Singh, also known as Jag, has slammed a racist comment made against him on X (formerly Twitter) after he travelled to Germany to watch England take on Switzerland in the Euro 2024 quarter final.

While he was in Dusseldorf, an image of him and others was shared by England’s official social media accounts.

However, the photo of him was shared on X with the caption as a racist remark.

In the video, he addressed the X troll, saying: “As you might know, I went to the quarter finals game in Germany, in Dusseldorf, for England against Switzerland.

“I was born in this country, I probably pay more taxes than you do - just because I’m not white doesn’t mean that I’m not English.

“I went out there and spent thousands of pounds supporting our lads - what do you do? Sit on Instagram or Twitter making disgusting racist remarks.

“What is wrong with people? It is 2024 and people need to get a grip.

“It is absolutely disgusting, you need to get a grip of your life and people need to come together and stand up to people who say disgusting remarks like this.

“As a Sikh and turban man, that doesn’t mean that I’m not British or English.”

Jag has received an outpouring of support since he called out the remarks made against him and moved to thank those who have supported him via the official

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/south-shields-shop-owner-slams-absolutely-disgusting-racist-comment-about-him-supporting-england-4704290