if i kill a fly, am i bad?

lil_princess

hey!!! ssa!

if i kill a fly, am i a bad person? If i kill an ant, am i a murderer? If i kill a dust mite, am i a killer? If i kill a bacteria, am i evil? These are all living things, just like animals, yet NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEM!!!! i mean we can make it our purpose to SAVE all the living things on earth, make sure everything is ok, so is eating meat then bad, its a living thing, just like those bacteria, ants, and DUST MITES, there are TINY bugs everywhere that we kill everyday, we call a plant a weed because we don't like where its growing, yet its still living and we KILL IT!

so like it or not i am a killer, killer of living things, although i must admit walking with my head down low and trying not to step on a insect i get tired, and hold my head high to look at the sky, only to find that a lil birdy plopped its stuff in my lil eye!!!

so if i kill a fly, am i a bad person??

hey!!! ssa!

if i kill a fly, am i a bad person? If i kill an ant, am i a murderer? If i kill a dust mite, am i a killer? If i kill a bacteria, am i evil? These are all living things, just like animals, yet NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEM!!!! i mean we can make it our purpose to SAVE all the living things on earth, make sure everything is ok, so is eating meat then bad, its a living thing, just like those bacteria, ants, and DUST MITES, there are TINY bugs everywhere that we kill everyday, we call a plant a weed because we don't like where its growing, yet its still living and we KILL IT!

so like it or not i am a killer, killer of living things, although i must admit walking with my head down low and trying not to step on a insect i get tired, and hold my head high to look at the sky, only to find that a lil birdy plopped its stuff in my lil eye!!!

so if i kill a fly, am i a bad person??

Naa!! Unless you kill a Human itz Ok... :twisted: coz only a Human has been given the right to raise a voice against Human... rest are itz slaves... :evil: the condemned onez...

I wouldn't be too concerned abut killing a fly unless you were torturing it or something.

we kill mosquitoes and flies like there's no tomorrow... what if i started doing this to dogs and cats.. think of the outcry?

my view is that life is life, and despite my view, i still do kill mosquitoes. i know, that according to my view, it's not right, but i still do... it's my own "instinct" if you will...

Only fools argue whether to eat meat or not. They don't understand truth nor do they meditate on it. Who can define what is meat and what is plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non vegetarian?" (Guru Nanak, Var Malar)

there u go.

Hello

UR question was good. But I think u got great discussions on the issue. Isnt it.

Anyhow as per me this is the intention which 'll decide that u commit a SIN or not whatever is killed by U. If it is intentionally then its purely a Sin otherwise a SIN which WAHEGURU 'LL FORGIVE

Waheguru Satnam

Virji i don't know much about all this. But it is Wrong to eat meat or anything non-veg for ur satisfaction. God had Given u Brain So plz use it. If we kill a fly or insect for our enjoyment or play it is wrong. But if we kill them by mistake then it is ok.

:LOL: ***But this is only for insect not human*** :LOL:

Galti ho gai hove te maf kar dena

Guru Da Das

Honey

Naa!! Unless you kill a Human itz Ok... :twisted: coz only a Human has been given the right to raise a voice against Human... rest are itz slaves... :evil: the condemned onez...

lol!!! Classic!!!!

on to the question... Good qustion. The counter-question is.. when did u kill a fly/mosquito or an ant. I can think of 3 possible reasons..

1. To protect yourself/your belongings.

2. By Mistake

3. Intentionally.. (For food..ewwww etc.. excluding the 1st reason )

If u kill them for first two reason.. you are not a bad . you haven't done wrong. I dunno about the laws in your respective countries... but i, one way or other, learned that We have some part in our law system , which justify the killing if it to protect yourself. Moreover, (With a different prespective) lives of living things u have taken in the expamle, are very short and "Nazk" life... Their birth and death is way way different than that of humen and animals. Just like.. ( I hope) you will not compare(equate) the killing of human being for food with the killing of chicken etc for the very same reason. Similerly, Killing of animals for the food (or for enjoyment) can't be comapred/equate with the kiiling of insects.

Again, If u kill those insects.. like fly/mosquito/ant for the third reason.. for ur "Enjoyment".. yes This makes YOU A BAD PERSON. your mentality is that of a killer.

In the last, I will like to ask a question tou you.. That If Killing of insects/mosquito/ant/animals (for the food) doesn't make u killer/bad person in your views.. how can killing of a human will make you one?

Regards

Ok then well we have this problem of ants in our house. They are allover the place. Especially in our kitchen. Its like even if our kitchen is spotless clean, they'll be moving on our kitchen, the plates, the cups, the spoons and man everywhere. So you guys can imagine what to expect if there is any speck of food left around :!:

So would it wrong if i kill them???? cuz i can pick up 1 or 2 ants ok maybe 3 the most, and take em outside, but man more than that, ill go mad! So should i kill em or wait till they go away (which is IMPOSSIBLE!), or wait for my mum, sister or dad to get home so that they can kill em and jst say to them that i neva went to the kitchen?????

:? :( i dont know what to do, if i try killn em, i think Gods in em... :!: :cry: my sis is alwayz pickn on me sayn that ure a weirdo cuz i dont wana kill them... :x

Guest Javanmard

Ants in your house :shock:

(Hitler voice): EXTERMINATE THEM ALL!!! TOTAL WAR ON THEM!!!!! THOSE YOU WERE LAUGHING BEFORE WILL NOT LAUGH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ok then well we have this problem of ants in our house. They are allover the place. Especially in our kitchen. Its like even if our kitchen is spotless clean, they'll be moving on our kitchen, the plates, the cups, the spoons and man everywhere. So you guys can imagine what to expect if there is any speck of food left around :!:

So would it wrong if i kill them???? cuz i can pick up 1 or 2 ants ok maybe 3 the most, and take em outside, but man more than that, ill go mad! So should i kill em or wait till they go away (which is IMPOSSIBLE!), or wait for my mum, sister or dad to get home so that they can kill em and jst say to them that i neva went to the kitchen?????

:? :( i dont know what to do, if i try killn em, i think Gods in em... :!: :cry: my sis is alwayz pickn on me sayn that ure a weirdo cuz i dont wana kill them... :x

The reason why ants have invade your house might be because there's little for them in your garden to eat or they've had a population explosion.

You could try putting food out fro them in your garden (stale roti/sabzi/dal etc) instead of throwing food in to the bin.They might just stop bothering you if you do this.They may be attracted towards your bin.

Do they have set paths in your house.You should try following them to see where they go to in your house.

Putting food out for them is tried and tested, best to put it near their entrance/exit holes.I do hate the idea of using any kind of insecticide :cry:

Ants are cool!They clear up rubbish.

wat if their was a raid of ants in the hall??? what shall one do then? i saw that once in kenya gurdwara, i was freaked out cuz i was like what if i get ants in my pants (or shall i say pyjama?!) lol well the next day, they were gone... so must of been someone who used insecticide, i guess over there u need to.. i dunno?!?!

--one